Animatic Cosplay Rules and Guidelines:
- All cosplay and costumes are welcome to enter the costume contest.
- Costumes entering for an award must have had 60% of the costume made.
- Costumes that have previously won an award are not eligible for awards.
- Bought costumes/closet cosplays are eligible for the Homebrew Award
- All costumes and cosplayers are welcome to be walk-ons without competing.
- All cosplayers/costumed people must be at main events at 4:30. This includes walk-ons and competitors.
- Costumes must be in the bikini and boxer’s rule. If your cosplays covers more than that, you are set!
- No bright flashing lights (like strobe lights), projectiles, glitter, explosives or special effects allowed on stage.
- All props must be checked and within the prop guidelines provided by the convention.
- If you didn’t make your costume but someone at the convention did, they need to be present for judging only.
- Bring a reference sheet or picture for the judges to judge your cosplay/costume easily and accurately.
- Judging will begin at main events 4:30 – 5:30. (**6:00 if we run late)
- A practice run through of the Showcase will happen during the setup.
- You must have a badge and be an attendee of the convention to participate.
**Rules can be edited as see fit.
Categories for Awards:
- Best Novice – Never won an award, new to cosplay, or under 2 years of experience.
- Best Journeyman – Won at least 1-3 awards, semi new to cosplay, or under 4 years of experience
- Best Master – Won 3 or more awards, well seasoned (with a hint of rosemary) or over 6 years.
- Best Construction
- Best Home brew Costume
- Best Villain
- Best In Show – Absolutely the #1 Cosplay that blew all the judges away